ATB-Becker was founded in 1982 by Eng.Gernot Becker. At that time, our main business area was the planning and construction of transmitting and receiving installations for broadcast companies, municipalities and households.
In 1986, we planned and constructed the first broadcast converter to be only by solar power (photovoltaics). That was the start of the new photovoltaics business segment, which was further developed over the following years and finally became one of our main business areas.
In the mid-90s, besides photovoltaics, another branch, was established which concentrated on other forms of renewable energy. Since 2002, this branch advanced to become the second main business field of ATB-Becker.
We take great efforts to ditribute renewable energies. Today, the general discussion and the alarming reports on climate change show us that we are on the right way.
- 1982 foundation of the company
- 1986 construction of the first solar-powered broadcast converter
- 1992 construction of the first grid-connected photovoltaic system
- 1999-2002 Ladakh Project, development aid project for a social centre in Ladakh/India
- 2003-2007 PV-Enlargement: ATB-Becker becomes the Austrian coordinator of the biggest photovoltaic project of the European Union.
- Sinfonia - smart cities Innsbruck, Bolzano